Translate

Friday, November 19, 2004

Twin Hats

Okay, so maybe they are not "hats", but the toes of a pair of socks. I've been plagued by icy cold feet lately and I had about 7 ounces of Briggs & Little "Heritage" wool left over from knitting the Rogue. I decided that the left-overs must become a pair of warm wooly "work" socks.



I am "winging it" as I go, combining several different features from different sock patterns. I wanted to try the "2 socks on 2 circulars" technique, and I did try it, but that method just does not seem to work for me. I am so used to using the Magic Loop technique that within the first few rows I had knit all the stitches off of one of the circulars twice. I decided at that time that the Magic Loop was far more intuitive for me and that I might as well stick with it. So, now I am doing 2 socks on ONE circular. I have no idea how I am going to handle the heels when I get to them. It'll probably end up being some kind of a hybrid of the two techniques. I could always go back to the TWO circulars just for the heels if need be.

The pattern stitch on the socks is from the "winter" sock from the Magic Loop book. It is a "beaded rib". I am working the socks 2 at a time and toe-up so that I can maximize my use of the yarn I have available.

No comments: