Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Grrr. Why ME?

Dang nab it. How come the BEST posts one creates are always the ones that Blogger EATS, never to be seen again?! I just spent an eternity typing a post for you. It had a photo, it had links. Not just one or two links, I really out did myself! It was witty and entertaining. And it is GONE. I am not going to mess with Blogger any further today. For one thing, my time (and patience!) for it is now GONE! I don't want to risk redoing it just to have it eaten again.

Maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh yeah.....SURE....THIS one comes through!

3 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I know what you mean about Blogger eating some of the "posts". Its happened to me also. Your socks are beautiful !! I like it when you have links. I said to myself recently, great! now Marlene's blog is a teaching blog and that is helpful for those of us who are learning. Thank you Marlene, your blog is interesting and informative. I've been working on my tatting, but, since lifting our grandson at Thanksgiving, I pulled something in my neck which is a slight problem now...but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Leisel said...

No kidding! I've taken to (when I remember, anyways) highlighting and copying the entire post (from the edit html version) before hitting the post button. That way, if the post gets eaten, I can try again w/o having to go through the hassle of recreating it entirely.

Of course, I'm also doing a 90 day trial of Typepad... I hate that it costs, but I really, REALLY like some of the features (photo albums and categories, especially). I haven't got it anywhere near all set up yet, but my dad and my husband both think it's nicer than the blogger site. I don't think I've ever had a post eaten there (but I've only been playing with it about a week and a half).

Marlene said...

Thanks Maggie Ann....although I can't take too much credit for the "beauty" of those socks. I used self patterning yarn and it, of course, does its own thing.

Leisel, I would like to be able to have albums, side bars, links and catergorize (I'm an organization freak), but I am SO challenged when it comes to web design/modification that changing ANYthing at this point scares me. After all, somedays I can't even get a post to go through successfully! If Typepad works out for you, let me know.