Translate

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

2005 Exhibition

I won ribbons! Eight of them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I was a kid I couldn't win a ribbon for the life of me. Being asthmatic and unathletic I always came in last in the Sports Day events I was forced to participate in. It was a humiliating experience best forgotten.

With the passing years (more than I would care to admit) has come a comforting perspective. Everyone has a talent. Mine is not in the athletic department. I'll never win a ribbon for running, ball throw or *ugh* team sports. It seems I CAN win ribbons though.......if I focus on doing the things I love.

All of the items in the "group photo" have been shown on my blog before. If you want to take another look I've provided the links.

Woven Rib Tank Top (1st)

Clementine (1st)

Leaf and Lace Baby Set (1st)

Handspun Cushion (2nd)

Socks (1st)

Handspun 2 ply mohair/wool blend (3rd)

Crocheted "Crusher" Hat (1st)

Recycled Bag (2nd)

While you're at it, check out the lovely BEST IN SHOW ribbon that Melanie won!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Congratulations!

I wish we had fairs like that around here.

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! Congrats. You sure had a ribbon haul, there. (I think the pillow should've scored higher, though).

Marlene said...

I had to enter the pillow in an open category (it didn't fit anywhere else) and it had some pretty stiff competition. I felt rather honored to even place second. First place went to a lovely, and well knit, handspun vest.

Hockey Mom, it's not a big risk. The worst thing that can happen if you enter something is the loss of the dollar entry fee. Two of the ten items I entered did not place at all. I still came out ahead though. I spent $9.50 on entry fees (it was only 50 cents to enter the bag in the "recycled" category) and won $36.00......which of course is now going toward more yarn!

Rabbitch said...

That's fantastic, and you deserve every one of them; your work is lovely.

Maggie Ann said...

Congratulations Marlene....I'm not surprised one little bit though, you are so talented!!! Your knitting is blue ribbon material through and through.