Translate

Monday, November 14, 2005

Round and Round

Knitting, knitting and more knitting and yet I seem to be getting nowhere. The blob of tencel lace doesn't look any larger despite the fact that I am knitting quite a bit on it every day (now that the Craft Fair stuff is out of the way). I'm now working round #123 (of 190 rounds total) on the Feather and Fan Shawl from GOL but I won't bother with a photo. It looks much the same as it did last time....maybe a little larger, but it is hard to tell with it all bundled up on a circular needle.

This is certainly an exercise in perseverance.

I've ordered the Shy Sheep Vest pattern. The knitting won't be started any time soon though. I'm thinking I'll probably spin the yarn for it. Fitting hey? Handspun sheep wool for a Shy Sheep Vest? Something like that is bound to be popular at guild meetings and spin-ins!

5 comments:

Rabbitch said...

It's a cute vest!

Anonymous said...

I have just begun a pattern of Mabel's that is of mountains. And it is based on the same illusion sort of thing. I think the only place that you can get that pattern is from Mabel herself.
Have fun knitting it!
Love your site.

Anonymous said...

I like that... most shadow knitting I've seen is just diagonal stripe patterns... very little of actual interest. This one is pretty cool (and I love the name they chose for it... apt, considering, without being too obvious).

Marlene said...

You're right Jane,. I had to contact Mabel for the "pattern only". The site I linked to only sells it as a kit but I wanted readers to be able to see a photo.

I agree Liesel, that's why this will be my first foray into shadow knitting.

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Marlene, just stopping by to check on you = )