Translate

Monday, June 12, 2006

Tempting Yarn Choice

I've decided that I will participate in the new knit-a-long being hosted by the Sexy Knitters Club. I've been resisting. I have several projects waiting in the wings already, yarn purchased and everything. And that is after I have finished the ultra-boring-to-knit "One Stitch Cardigan" which is on the needles now and must be finished before I allow myself to get fully involved in a new project. Still, I just can't resist this new little temptress, "Tempting II".


So in preparation for the July 1 st start date I have purchased 6 balls of Lana Grossa "Basics, Fresh" in color # 301. I've knit numerous gauge swatches and I've found the necessary needle size. Now I'll dutifully pack it up in a project bag to await the start date while I work on that *yawn*, One Stitch Cardigan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Although this yarn has a stated gauge of 20 stitches over 4 inches, and I'll go with it as that is the gauge I need for the pattern, I find it a bit loose and "sleazy". If I was designing specifically for this yarn I would go with 22 to 24 stitches over 4 inches. It gives the resulting fabric a better "hand".

Lovely yarn by the way. It's yummy soft.

No comments: