Translate

Monday, July 14, 2008

Masters Monday - 2.24

It's been a very busy week! I had hoped that I would have the finished vest to show this week, but I just didn't have the time. I did get most of the collar done though.

That is a whole lot of ribbing! 14 inches of it with short row turns at the ends of each row.

I'm finished the actual collar section so the short rows are behind me. Six more full length rows remain, each of these going from the bottom of one front edge all the way around the collar and back down to the bottom of the other side. Long, long rows with five buttonholes that need to be evenly spaced. I'm still working out what the exact spacing needs to be.

In preparation for that spacing I knit Swatch 20 last week, which focuses on spacing buttonholes evenly. I still have to sew in the ends and tag this swatch.

The remainder of this week was caught up in a whirlwind of activity. Besides babysitting our granddaughter, shopping for a new fridge, and doing some sewing for a gift that needed to be mailed, I spent the better part of weekend with the Chilliwack Spinners and Weavers Guild at Minter Gardens. The first day I spent combing wool. Although I would have liked to continue with that on the second day, it's tiring work and my shoulder had had enough. I switched to spinning for the second day.


Our location was shady and comfortable on an otherwise hot day. We were part way up a beautiful meandering path through a serene section of the gardens. The small brook behind us provided peaceful background music (in between the more rowdy jazz numbers performed closer to the gates).

I did find the time to walk around and take a few pictures. The big attraction at the gardens on Sunday was the Car Show. Hundreds of unique cars nestled into a scenic background.


It was a lovely weekend. I was very glad to hear that the guild has been invited back to demo again next year.

2 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I enjoyed your post & pictures...I noticed 2 Lemdrums! smile. I've just been made a gift of a fleece and have it washed up already. I'm going to buy a set of mini combs soon..any recommendations? This is rather a shorter wool fleece about 2 1/2 " in length...not to bad with vm but still a good bit. But free...

Marlene said...

I have a set of Ray's mini combs and I love them. Everyone who tries them also seems to love them! He is not as well known as some of the other popular sellers, but I prefer his combs. They seem more ergonomic, fitting the hand (of a woman) very nicely, with the tines angled away from the handle to just the right degree. The tines are also quite a bit longer than most mini combs I've seen, which allows you to fill them deeper for faster processing.



http://www3.telus.net/public/rayt1/page2.html