Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Distressed!

I've had so much fun today working on these little doll jeans. When done they looked okay, but they didn't have that lived in look that I wanted. So.....I set to work with a pumice board and the result is the pair you see on the right.

New vs vintage

Softer, with more personality, and more of that comfy, loved and lived in look.

While time consuming and not "easy", these little jeans were not horribly difficult either. If they had been I wouldn't already be making plans to make at least two more pairs! I figure the two LittleFees I have on order will, at the very least, want a pair each in black.

I need to find better buttons. Those ones, although the right size, are a poor substitute for the metal buttons found on "real" jeans.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, how cute!

Fran said...

those look amazing (and tricky)

Anonymous said...

The jeans look awesome! If you don't need a "working" button on the jeans, I've found that scapbooking brads (with the bendy part shortened) look very accurate. :)

Marlene said...

Oooo, great idea. I'll have to check those out in the neighbourhood scrapbooking store.