Translate

Monday, October 22, 2012

Granny and Grumpa's

We had house guests for the weekend, and one of the things they are interested in is antiques, so we took them to a local “picker’s paradise”, “Granny and Grumpa’s” in Abbotsford, BC. There are many, many different types of collections there, mostly just strewn about, hoarder style, some loosely organized into collection type, but I thought some of the doll collectors that visit my blog might be interested in the doll collection.

Granny and Grumpas

The dolls don’t seem to be displayed in any sort of organized way, newer acquisitions displayed right next to antiques. I’m not really into vintage and antique dolls, nor collectibles in the traditional sense, but I snapped a few quick pictures for those who might like to take a closer look than I did.

More of the dolls

I found the overall effect kind of creepy and got out of there rather quickly. LOL. If you see something you’d like to look at closer though perhaps you’d like to contact them?

“Granny and Grumpa’s”
37936 Wells Line Road Abbotsford, BC V3G 2A1
(604) 854-1033

And more dolls!
There are many more dolls in the collection than I have pictured here. In addition to the small room I photographed there is an entire corridor lined with them, floor to ceiling. Plan to visit with someone who is not a doll fan? PLENTY more there to see. Maybe I'll go back someday and photograph some of the other stuff hoarded there. Any special requests? There were a few looms, spinning wheels, and skeiners, but nothing that was in good enough shape to interest an enthusiast, in my opinion.

No comments: