Translate

Monday, April 20, 2015

Crazy Obsession!

I got the pattern for the first Crazy Quilt block enlarged by hand using the old fashioned grid method. It wasn't too bad since the first block is all straight lines.

1st block

After getting the block sewn I spent the remainder of Saturday and pretty much ALL of Sunday working on the embroidery. I LOVE this type of work!

New obsession in progress!

It's very, VERY slow going though. Hours and hours of work have gone into this first square and I still have a long way to go.

Vandyke, scroll, chevron, French knot, straight, and Cretan stitches.

I learned the basics of embroidery as a very young child, but with this project I've been trying all sorts of stitches that are new to me. In the last picture here you can see Vandyke, scroll, chevron, and Cretan stitches as well as the more usual french knots and straight stitches.

2 comments:

cjbj said...

Looking good, girl! I am sure the full project will be a sight to behold!!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love all those trims and embellishments! :)