Translate

Monday, November 15, 2004

Second Sleeve DONE

Michelle you will be glad to hear that the second sleeve of the Rogue is done, complete, finished....hem and all. I added the hem last in the lighter grey wool, like the dated body hem. Now all I need to do is block those sleeves (I did the body and hood a few weeks ago) and make the applied I-cord edging then sew in the zipper.

I've done I-cord before but I had to look up applied I-cord. I found several different ways of doing it here. I'll likely do that tonight.

Leisel I can hear the "Daugava" (new name for the black and white fairisle cardigan) calling. I think that when I restart it I will begin with a sleeve though. That way I can work out some of the design ideas on less stitches per round!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wonderful! I can't wait to see it.

I found this video very helpful in learning the applied i-cord. The site has many videos, not the greatest of quality, but it gives you an understanding of what needs to be done.

http://www.knittingatknoon.com/atticord.html

I love the name you've chosen for your fairisle cardigan. I'm anticipating the progress.

Marlene said...

Thanks for the link to the video Michelle. Last night I tried several variations I found at another site, but wasn't truly happy with any of them. One worked okay but I found it was drawing up the front border too much. I think today I will try again, maybe using larger needles and the technique from the video.