Translate

Friday, December 09, 2005

Christmas Table Runner

I finished the weaving of this Christmas Table runner at least a month ago, but the other weavers in the guild had to take their turn on the group warp and it was just cut off the loom this week.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I really struggled with this one. Not due to the weaving itself, which was quite simple. No, I struggled with the old loom. The back brake was not holding for me and I had to get up every couple of minutes (no exaggeration!) to roll the warp back again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is as hard to photograph as a black dog on a dark night! The whole appeal of this pattern is in the raised "tree" detail which is hardly showing up in the photographs.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Rabbitch said...

That's lovely! My loom is still in its box due to lack of space, alas.

Marlene said...

Although I have an 8-shaft table loom, it sits unused at the moment. This was done on one of the guild looms. The warp was put on by another guild member (and that is at least half the job!). All I had to do was weave in the weft. I want to continue weaving on the guild's group projects until I feel I've gotten the hang of that part again. It's been years since my one semester weaving course and I'm postponing/dreading putting on a warp.

Rabbitch said...

Dude, I'm so wacked I'm actually planning on spinning my own warp, nevermind warping my own loom single-handedly, with instructions from a book.

Yes. Yes, I drink a little.

Marlene said...

I *have* warped my own loom single handedly (although not with my own handspun)....a couple of times even.

That's what makes me dread the process! It's very time consuming and, I find, finicky. If I had little elves that would come and dress my loom whilst I slept, I'd be a weaving wonder. Well, I'd at least weave a lot more.

Maggie Ann said...

Marlene, thats gorgeous, and I love the color!