Translate

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fibrefest Haul

I'm not normally one to stock up or "stash" but Fibrefest International only happens once per year and I'm not one of the lucky ones who gets to go to the giant American fiber shows.

I'm about to head out the door for day two of classes and browsing the booths but I wanted to show you the lovely stuff I picked up yesterday.

Image hosting by Photobucket

In the foreground there are four spools of 8/2 cotton destined to become tea towels. On top of that is a handmade WPI tool (used for measuring wraps per inch for spinning, estimating proper setts for weaving, and for demystifying odd balls of unlabeled yarns in a knitters stash). To the right of those is a mini niddy noddy (for making small sample skeins). Above the niddy noddy is an 11 ounce cone of white 10/2 tencel I intend to knit lace with. To it's left is a bag of "Black Allsorts" roving that will eventually be spun up and used as accent in a cardigan. The large lot of browns-black-blue at the top of the photo is 1000 gms of "Hazelnut" roving I intend on spinning up for a sweater for my husband.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh i wanted some of that Allsorts... sigh. so fun! but i couldn't quite justify taking roving home at this point in things (i mean, i don't even have a spindle... coulda felted it into something, i guess)... maybe next year. ;)

congrats on your winning socks. :)

Rabbitch said...

So lovely! I wish I could have come but the timing was just impossible for me.

Next year, for sure.

I look forward to seeing what you make out of that delicious roving.

dragon knitter said...

definitely droolable stuff. and i don't get to go to ANY fiber festivals, american or not, sigh. they're all too far away!

Angela said...

Good work! I love the rovings from Aurelia - they are so easy, and lovely to spin.

JoeyJoJo said...

Thanks Marlene for your lovely comment on my blog.
Nice to see the world is a small community after all.
Have fun on your textile adventures, those allsorts look absolutely edible.