Translate

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Slouchy Hat

I've knit this slouchy hat, the "Meret (Mystery Beret)" by Woolly Wormhead, in 100% acrylic. It is destined to be a Christmas gift for someone who finds wool uncomfortable due to very sensitive skin.

Photobucket

The over sized nature of this design makes it very comfortable to wear.

Photobucket

It can be worn in quite a variety of ways depending on the preferences/personality of the recipient.

Photobucket

I like it a lot and may decide to make one for myself, but in a different colour and a much nicer fibre!

9 comments:

dragon knitter said...

itwould probably be good for someone with massive hair ornaments,too, lol. (i clip my hair up,a nd since it's so long, i have to use2 clips. big hats are anecessity)

Anonymous said...

It's a great hat, nice on you too. I'm so glad you posted. I would have never discovered it on my own. Haven't been thinking much about hats until I saw this one.

ritaknitting

Anonymous said...

Holy skeins of yarn! That color matches your eyes perfectly!

Beautiful hat!!!!

Marlene said...

Thanks twistedinstitches. It really does, doesn't it? Although I actually look better in a brighter, royal blue or a deep dark navy, denim blue does match my eyes exactly.

Maggie Ann said...

Very pretty design....and comfortable to wear I'm thinking.

Angelika said...

There is even a purpose for acrylic in this world. Nice job, it looks great on you, so you definitely have to make another one.

kathy b said...

It is lovely. Great color and lace work. I found you on Ravelry. Like your blog!

Monique said...

I like your hat. I'm knitting a sweater in the same patten. :)

Marlene said...

Thanks Monique. It's a popular stitch pattern. I've used it before in handwarmers and a pullover.