Translate

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Me and Beige

Beige. Not a good colour choice for me!


I look much better in vibrant colours. My reasons for choosing this yarn for my second Panta have nothing to do with how the colour looks on me. The yarn was chosen for a more practical reason.

I needed an absorbent yarn that wasn't too warm and could survive being machine washed and dried with my gym clothes. . . . I hope to be brave enough to wear this Panta to the gym regularly. My thick, heavy hair falls in my face and drives me crazy when I am working out!

This is "Sonora" by Nashua Handknits, a silk/linen/rayon/nylon blend. The label recommends hand washing but I'm going to treat that as a "suggestion" and throw it to the washer. If it fails? Well then I will have nothing to show for an evening of knitting. But then when is an evening spent knitting ever wasted, even if you have nothing to show for it?

Edited to add: It survived a trip through the washer and dryer with no ill effects. *whew* I also wore it to the gym today and no one fell over in fits of laughter. Perhaps they restrained themselves until I was out of earshot? Anyway, it worked VERY well. Not only did it keep the hair out of my face, but it also reduced the brow mopping to a bare minimum.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Very cool! And you may not love the beige, but it does look quite good on you there.