Translate

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Seconds

Of the fourteen items I entered in the fair, four came in second.


There was a skein of handspun 50/50 merino/silk. I was happy that this placed as well as it did. There was a fair bit of competition in the "plyed, natural fibre" category.

My little handspun gnome was entered in the "handknit, stuffed doll or animal" category. I entered him there with the "regular" knitting because there were not enough handspun categories to enter everything that I had.

The Barbie wedding dress was another I had a hard time finding a category for. It ended up over in the general hobbies section competing against woodworking of all things! The outfit still placed a respectable second. Would you believe that our exhibition has no category for either knit or crocheted doll clothes? I would have thought that that would be quite basic.

My lace sweater-vest came in second. I know the lady who nabbed first place in this category. She's not only an awesome knitter, but designs and sells much of what she knits. Her finishing looks truly professional and her designs are right up to date and artistic looking.


More than half of the items I entered in the exhibition came in first! Yippee! More on that in the next post.

No comments: