Translate

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Grandma's Mosaic

My six year old granddaughter said the handwoven, hooded, Saori tunic I finished sewing up today reminds her of a mosaic.

a6075

I think she meant it as a compliment.

a6074

When I asked her which part was her favourite she said "All of it!" and added that she liked all of the "details".

a6073

I'm glad both granddaughters didn't run in fear or laugh themselves silly.

a6077

It may be wild and crazy, but I like it.

a6031

It's very comfortable to wear.

a6042

And for convenience sake I included pockets in the seams between the front and side panels.

a6088

And I added a hood so that I could use one of my favourite pieces of the yardage that I wove.

a6072

Now I hope I have the courage to actually wear it!

Hooded Saori Tunic 360


6 comments:

icicle said...

I think it looks awesome! If you need an excuse to wear it for the first time -- look for a fiber festival -- everyone there will 'get it' :)

Unknown said...

It looks great, and I know what you mean about having the nerve to wear it. I often look at clothing that I think others would be like wha?? But then I see other women with interesting items on and I love it. So just go for it. We only get one go at this life!!!

Marlene said...

Icicle I've heard that phenomena described as "my people will understand".

Thanks for the vote of encouragement Anne. I guess it's kind of like devil-may-care attitude of the ladies of the Red Hat Society. Once you get past a certain age you tend to thumb your nose at the scoffers. Well it has certainly received a lot of praise from those in my fibre arts circles.

Dustbunnie said...

I think it looks very very beautiful and I'm not really a fiber person. Besides I don't think you should let people you don't really know decide what you are wearing. If someone doesn't like it they can look the other way.

Anonymous said...

You need not fear wearing it -- it is good enough to sell big time and start a fashion craze!

Marlene said...

Well you are certainly right about that Dustbunnie, but it would still be rather disconcerting to discover people were laughing at you behind your back! I've worn to the store as a jacket a few times now and it actually doesn't get much of a reaction.

Thanks Anonymous I appreciate your encouragement.