Translate

Friday, August 01, 2014

Now What?

So "The Lady In Red" warp rests and prepares for the Chilliwack Exhibition. It decided that it will present itself as yardage this year rather than as a finished item sewn from hand woven. This change of plans came about while I was doing the pressing after its wash. Sitting there on a shelf beside me was the almost forgotten earlier yardage, "Rainbow" warp. The Rainbow demanded to be made into a garment first, having been woven first and "Lady In Red" gave up her place in the lineup --- for now.

So far the Rainbow top looks like this:

Neckline for tabard vest

Just the neckline and shoulder seams are completed, but I'm very happy with how it looks so far. I have several different plans mulling about in my head about how to finish the rest of it. We'll see which one wins.

No comments: