Translate

Monday, October 06, 2014

Rub Dirt Here

As I mentioned yesterday the granddaughters helped me by enthusiastically rubbing mud into my journal. Today I finished the page by embellishing a little further.

Rub Here With Dirt

Boosted by the success of that page I went out to "Sticky's" candy shop and bought a few candies for the "Tongue Painting" page. The idea is to stain your mouth with high colour candies and then lick the page. I found that only the jaw breakers I purchased transferred colour enough to work well.

Tongue Painting

I added detail with felt tip markers and then painted the background with children's paints.

Once the markers were out I decided to tackle the remaining page edges. So now I have "Grandma",

Bottom edge

"Wovenflame", and "Marlene" coloured in felt tip markers on the three edges.

Top edge

Let's see, what else is new? Oh yes, I tossed this sheet in the compost pile as instructed.

Compost this Page

The compost pile is pretty dry right now. I don't think I'll be documenting much deterioration until we've had some rain.

And the last bit of playing for today was weaving DuckTape strips on the "Cover This Page With Tape" page.

Cover this page with tape --

Doing all this bizarre stuff reminds me fondly of my paternal grandfather. He conjured up the darndest games for me and my brothers. How many other grandpas create challenges where their young grandchildren stick their arm in a toilet? Waddle around the room like a duck until their legs cramp up painfully? Think up, and write down, as many "potty mouthed" words as they could as part of a game, and then disqualify them when the words were spelled wrong? Yeah, I know. It was amazing that I survived childhood.

1 comment:

Dustbunnie said...

A dear friend of mine did this a couple of years ago. I hope you have as much fun with it as she had.