Translate

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Cabernet in Royal

Lately the back of my neck has been cold all the time, which has lead me to search out patterns for cowls, scarves, and neckwarmers!

On my needles right now is the Cabernet Infinity Scarf (in the "adult neckwarmer" size). I'm knitting it in a 50/50 alpaca/tussah silk blend, Knitpicks Diadem Solid, in "Sapphire". My opinion of this yarn is mixed. On the one hand I LOVE the rich, intense colour, the sheen, the ultra soft feel, and the luxurious drape to the yarn. But on the other hand it is a very splitty, making it hard to work with and  it looks like it might fuzz and show wear quickly. 

First repeat of chart

But still, I do love the feel of it ---- and my neck is cold! So I shall continue.

Progress is slow because my time and attention is divided among so many different projects right now. It's also a fairly complicated lace and 8 stitch cable combination that is slow to knit --- especially in a dark yarn that splits easily. Most days I only get about 4 rows done before I wander off to pursue one of my other interests.

Progress on the Cabernet Neck Warmer.

No comments: